PURPOSE: The DSP/JC is responsible for program implementation of individual’s plans. The DSP/JC will provide direct support to the individual in-center and at community sites and help to monitor job quality. The DSP/JC must maintain open communication with other staff regarding individual’s program issues. The DSP/JC is directly accountable to the Designated Coordinator and the Job Placement Coordinator and indirectly responsible to the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma, GED, or five years related experience is required. Must hold a current CPR and First Aid Certification or acquire within 30 days of hire. Must be able to drive, hold a current driver’s license and have a vehicle available for transporting client to and from job sites. Must have the ability to take proper action that will be in the best interest of the DAC individual’s. Must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team. Must be able to successfully carry out the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations.
- Lifting and/or transferring (at least 40lbs) while physically assisting individuals with or without accommodations.
- Light lifting, infrequent bending, and/or stretching while setting up or moving equipment related to program activities with or without accommodations.
- Assisting individuals with personal care.
- Accessing areas that may not be handicapped accessible
- Drive the DAC vans (not buses) and have a vehicle available to drive individuals to and from job sites. (Provide documentation of non-restricted driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record as defined in the DAC transportation policy.)
- Hearing, visual, written and spoken communication in English for the purpose of appropriate response to individuals, staff, and the public.
- Comprehending, interpreting, and evaluating information received in English through reading, listening, and viewing.
- Maintain regular attendance/per the policy
- Endurance of weather elements
- Maintain emotional stability throughout work assignments especially during stressful situations.
- Correct documentation for the individuals programs, work counts and labeling work projects along with other tasks as assigned
- Make sure that work projects are completed as directed by the company’s specifications.